8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tspn butter
1/4 cup fresh raspberries for garnish
3/4 cup heavy Whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 Vanilla extract
1 tspn Fine sugar
4 Eggs , separate the yolks from whites.
1. Using a medium size heat proof bowl, over simmering water (double broiler) melt the chocolate chips and butter, over little heat, stirring well till chocolate appears melted well and smooth.
2. Remove from heat and add in egg yolks one by one carefully incorporating into the melted chocolate, add in 1/4 tspn vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites to form peaks,adding in 1/4 cup sugar and continue to whisk till peaks are formed.
4. Gently add in whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture.Next beat the whipping cream with 1 tspn sugar till it gets thickened and forms peak, now gently fold in the whipping cream into the chocolate mixture.
5. Fill the cups (ramekins) about 3/4 th with the ready chocolate mixture , cover each cup and refrigerate for couple of hours. Serve garnished with dollop of whipped cream , chocolate shavings, or fresh raspberries.