Happy Valentine Day !!
Made these cupcakes for friends on Valentine's Day , what better time than this to enjoy home made cupcakes, and don't forget to decorate them with sweet strawberries and cream cheese frosting.
Whenever I think of cupcakes, I think about all the lovely ingredients, used to make them so colorful and creative !!!
I searched this recipe on the net and found some that used store bought cake mix, as I prefer making them from scratch, I made some changes to suit my style... do feel free to try out this recipe .
1 1/2 cup All purpose Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream cheese Frosting:
4 ounce cream cheese
4 ounce unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup sweet fresh strawberries for decorating
1.Preheat oven to a baking temperature of 350 degrees. Line up a 12 cup cake baking tray or 2 tray's with 6 cups, each lined with paper cups.
2. In a large bowl, add butter , using a hand mixer, add in sugar and mix till they are well combined, and smooth. Butter should be at room temperature.
3. Sieve flour, add in baking soda and baking powder, and keep aside.
4. Add an egg to butter, sugar mixture, add vanilla essence and beat until well combined. Next add in half of the flour mixture, pour in milk, add in the remaining flour and stir till well combined.
5. Using an ice cream scoop or using a spoon , distribute batter evenly into the paper cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting them.
Cream cheese frosting:
1. Beat cream cheese that is at room temperature, in a bowl along with unsalted butter and vanilla extract. Next add in the powdered sugar , continue adding sugar till the frosting tastes sweet enough.
You can add a few drops of red colour (food colour for cakes) if you prefer a pink colour icing on the cupcakes :)
Also use a piping bag with a star tip to create beautiful icing on the cupcakes...enjoy !! Happy baking and spread the joy of sweet things
Cool the cupcakes, and then using a large pastry bag, fitted with a star tip, add frosting to fill the bag , half way full. Start from the centre of the cupcake to the outside to create a beautiful swirl.
Add some thinly sliced strawberries on the top.
|Baking in the oven|
|Yippe!! cupcakes ready|
|Enjoy cupcakes with friends and family :)))|