Classic red velvet cupcakes frosted with fluffy cream cheese frosting is a favourite of all...Perfect for entertaining and creating a show stopper for guests and children!!! Easy to make and step by step recipe, try it out and be surprised at how easy this recipe is ....
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup buttermilk (at room temperature)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon red food colouring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 stick (3 oz) of unsalted butter
1 cup store bought Cream Cheese Frosting
|Ready to put batter in to Baking pan|
|Just Baked :))|
|Ready Red velvet cupcakes|
1. Preheat the oven (350 degrees F). Prepare cupcake pan by lining with paper liners.
2. Combine the buttermilk, vanilla extract, red food colouring and vinegar together in a bowl.
3. Sift together the following ingredients in a small bowl: cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Using an electric mixer beat together the butter and sugar on medium for 1 minute. Then add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until the ingredients are combined. Turn down the speed to low, and add the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in parts. Mix until the ingredients are combined.
5. Using a spoon, scoop the batter into the lined cupcake pan. Fill each cup about halfway with the batter.
6. Bake for about 18-20 minutes. To check if cupcakes are ready, insert a toothpick in the centre and check if it comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and frost the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
8. Take one cupcake and crumble it. Use these crumbles to garnish the cupcakes. Makes approximately 24 cup cakes. Preparation time is 20 minutes and Bake time 20 minutes.